Securing press as a musician or music artist can be a daunting task, but it's an important step in promoting your music and building your career. In this guide, we'll go over some key strategies for getting the attention of media outlets in 2023.
- Build a strong online presence. In today's digital age, having a strong online presence is more important than ever. Make sure your website and social media accounts are up-to-date and professional, and consider hiring a publicist to help manage your online presence.
- Create a press kit. A press kit is a collection of materials that media outlets can use to learn more about you and your music. It should include high-quality photos, bios, press releases, and any other relevant information.
- Pitch to the right outlets. Don't waste your time pitching to outlets that aren't a good fit for your music. Research the types of music that different outlets cover and tailor your pitches accordingly.
- Make connections. Building relationships with music industry professionals can be a great way to get your foot in the door. Attend industry events, join music industry groups, and network with other musicians and industry professionals to make connections and build relationships.
- Stay up-to-date. Keep an eye on industry news and trends, and be sure to stay up-to-date with what's happening in the music world. This will help you stay relevant and make it easier to pitch your music to media outlets.
By following these tips, you'll be well on your way to securing press as a musician or music artist in 2023. Remember, it takes persistence and patience, but with hard work and a little luck, you can get your music in front of the right people and take your career to the next level.